As mandated by Department of Health (DOH) Memorandum No. 2009-0086, a clinical laboratory is required to participate in the National External Quality Assessment Scheme (NEQAS) administered by the designated National Reference Laboratories (NRLs) or in other local or international External Quality Assessment Program (EQAP) recognized by the Department of Health.
In pursuit to quality result’s excellence, Pioneer Lab aims to participate and comply (annually) with this NEQAS/EQAS requirement, to ensure highly accurate and dependable diagnostic laboratory performance for: Hematology, Serology & Immunology, Clinical Blood Chemistry, Parasitology and Drug Testing (Screening).
Quality Assurance is on top of our laboratory service commitment and our “excellent” annual performance ratings best support our way of “recommitting our commitment” with you.
WHAT IS NATIONAL EXTERNAL QUALITY ASSESSMENT SCHEME (NEQAS/EQAS)?
For External Quality Assessment Program (EQAP), A Clinical laboratory is required to participate in the NEQAS administered designated National Reference Laboratories (NRLs) .It is a program where participating laboratories are given unknown sample for analysis. These samples are to be treated as ordinary human specimens for the usual processing and examination. The quality of performance of the laboratory shall be assessed through the closeness of its results to the pre-determined value or to the reference value generated by the participating laboratories through peer group analysis.
NRL’s comprehensive EQAS are designed to assess the integrity of a laboratory’s entire testing process by:
- allowing participants to monitor the performance of tests and laboratory processes;
- comparing the performance of tests with others used around the world;
- identifying and correcting sources of error;
- facilitating information exchange between participants.
As provided in Department Order No.393-Es. 2000, five institution were designated as the National Reference laboratories.
- Research Institute for Trophical Medicine (RITM) – National Reference Laboratory for Dengue , Influenza, Tuberculosis and other Mycobacteria , Malaria and other parasites, Bacterial enteric diseases, Measles and other Viral exanthems, Mycology, Enteroviruses, Antimicrobial resistance and Emerging Diseases; NRL for confirmatory testing of blood units.
- San Lazaro Hospital (SLH) – National Reference Laboratory for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, Syphilis and other Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
- East Avenue Medical Center (EAMC) – National Reference Laboratory for Environmental and Occupational Health; Toxicology and Micronutrient Assay.
- National Kidney and Transplant Institute (NKTI) – National Reference Laboratory for Hematology including Immunohematology, Immunopathology and Anatomic Pathology
- Lung Center of the Philippines (LCP) – National Reference Laboratory for Biochemistry.
With our NEQAS/EQAS performance ratings, YOU CAN DEPEND ON US, ANYTIME!